La Grange Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
We Help Injured Pedestrians in La Grange Get Justice, Accountability, and Maximum Financial Compensation
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange pedestrian accident lawyers have the legal experience and proven record of results that injured victims can rely on. We go above and beyond to help injured victims pay their medical bills and support their family. If you or your loved one was hurt in a pedestrian crash, we are more than ready to help. For a free, no obligation initial consultation with a top La Grange pedestrian accident attorney, please contact us today.
Pedestrians are Vulnerable Road Users in Kentucky
Pedestrian safety remains a very serious problem throughout our country. Alarmingly, the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) projects that pedestrian fatalities will hit a 40-year high in 2022. Approximately 7,485 pedestrians were killed in accidents in 2021 alone. Many tens of thousands more pedestrians sustained serious harm in crashes. Unfortunately, Kentucky is a below average state for pedestrian safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that Kentucky’s pedestrian fatality rate is nearly five percent above the national average.
An Overview of Pedestrian Accident Laws in Kentucky
Injured in a pedestrian crash in La Grange? It is essential that you know your rights and duties under the law. Pedestrian accident cases in Oldham County fall under Kentucky law. Here are some key things to understand about pedestrian accident laws in the Commonwealth:
- You Must Seek Medical Attention for Your Injuries: All pedestrian injuries should be evaluated by a licensed and qualified medical professional. Not only is seeing a doctor a vital step to protect your health, it is a required part of the personal injury claims process.
- Two-Year Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Crashes: Kentucky Revised Statute § 304.39-230 imposes a minimum two-year statute of limitations on pedestrian accident injury claims. It is wise for any injured pedestrian to file their personal injury claim within two years of the date of the collision. What happens if you wait too long to bring a pedestrian accident claim in La Grange? Your case may be dismissed without any compensation.
- Motorists and Pedestrians Should Follow Right-of-Way Law: Kentucky Revised Statute § 189.570 is Kentucky’s primary pedestrian law. It requires both motorists and pedestrians to understand who has the right-of-way and yield when appropriate.
- Comparative Fault Standard of Liability: Every pedestrian crash should be carefully investigated by a Kentucky attorney. A serious pedestrian accident is generally a fault-based standard. The Commonwealth uses a comparative negligence standard of liability for these claims. The party deemed at-fault for a pedestrian accident will bear liability. In some cases, a pedestrian may be found to be at partial fault for their own accident, but even if they are found to be partially at-fault, they are still entitled to recover a portion of their damages from any other party that is found to be partially at-fault.
Recovering Compensation for a Pedestrian Accident in Kentucky
Were you or a loved one hurt in a pedestrian crash in Oldham County? You need financial compensation to pay bills and support yourself, Unfortunately, the large insurance companies that handle most pedestrian injury claims fight aggressively to minimize payouts. Our La Grange pedestrian accident attorneys have the skills and experience to help clients maximize their recovery. Pedestrian accident compensation may be available for:
- Emergency room care.
- Medical bills.
- Physical therapy.
- Lost wages.
- Loss of earning power.
- Past and future pain and suffering.
- Mental distress.
- Wrongful death.
You Can Rely On Our La Grange Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a pedestrian collision in La Grange? You do not have to go through the personal injury claims process alone. Our founder and lead attorney Tate Meagher is standing by, ready to help. We are proactive. Among other things, our La Grange pedestrian accident attorneys can:
- Listen to your story, answer your questions, and explain your legal options;
- Investigate the pedestrian collision—gathering the evidence and information you need;
- Handle the paperwork and represent you in settlement negotiations; and
- Take action to help you get the best results possible in your pedestrian accident claim.
You can always afford to hire an experienced La Grange pedestrian accident lawyer. There are no upfront costs or out-of-pocket fees with Meagher Injury Lawyers. We represent injured pedestrians on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid if we win your case.
Contact Our La Grange Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Today
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange pedestrian accident lawyers fight tirelessly to help victims and families secure justice and the maximum financial compensation. Hurt in a pedestrian crash? We can help. Reach out to us at (502) 309-9213 or contact us online for your free consultation. We represent injured pedestrians in La Grange, Oldham County, and throughout Kentucky.
MEAGHER INJURY LAWYERS
WHAT OURCLIENTS SAID
Mr. Tate Meagher represented me and I could not have asked for a better lawyer. Tate was responsive, kept me updated and in a timely manner, showed empathy and compassion, and worked extremely hard on my case. He not only worked with me, he worked for me, and fought hard on my behalf. Tate always had my best interest at heart. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my case and I had a wonderful experience under his representation. I would recommend Meagher Injury Lawyers (Tate Meagher) to anyone seeking a lawyer.
Attorney Tate Meagher did an outstanding job representing me following a car accident o could not be happier with his services. He is very responsive and he fought very hard for my case. He did not ever give up. So if you are looking for an attorney who will fight hard for you and win, you need Attorney Tate Meagher.