Radcliff Personal Injury Lawyer
Any accident can leave you with serious injuries that will have a devastating impact on your health, your ability to work, and your future. Any time you are injured due to another person’s negligence, the insurance company will likely contact you and try to pressure you into accepting a low settlement. The offer they make will not be nearly enough to fully cover the cost of your injuries and other losses. It is important that you do not speak to the insurance company or sign anything until you have spoken to one of our Radcliff personal injury lawyers.
Areas Of Personal Injury Law
Accidents can happen in a number of ways. These accidents fall into different areas of personal injury law, and each area may have its own unique laws. For example, the laws that govern a dog bite case may not necessarily be the same as those that govern truck accident cases. Some of the most common areas of personal injury law are as follows:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Bad faith insurance claims
- Wrongful death
Damages You Can
Recover After An Injury
After an accident that was caused by another person’s carelessness, you should not have to bear the brunt of paying for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. By filing a personal injury claim against the negligent party, you can recover financial compensation for all of your losses. Legally, this compensation is known as damages and the most common of those awarded in personal injury claims are as follows:
- Medical expenses: A good amount of any personal injury claim is typically made up of medical expenses. When calculating your damages for medical expenses, it is critical to factor in the costs you will incur now, and in the future.
- Lost wages: Even a seemingly minor accident can leave you unable to work for days, or even weeks. A serious accident may leave you unable to work for years. You can include these lost wages within your claim. You can also pursue damages for lost benefits, bonuses, vacation pay, and sick pay.
- Reduced earning capacity: When an accident is particularly severe, you may not be able to return to the same line of work. If you must obtain a lower-earning job after the accident or are no longer able to work any job, you can claim lost wages for your reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering damages can often make up the bulk of personal injury claims. You deserve compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress the accident caused you.
- Loss of consortium: Damages for loss of consortium are meant to compensate for intangible losses such as the loss of an intimate relationship with a spouse or loss of companionship.
After an accident, it is critical to speak to a Radcliff personal injury lawyer. An attorney can review the facts of your case to determine the full amount of compensation you are entitled to.
The Time Limit On
Personal Injury Claims In Radcliff
Every state throughout the country places a time limit on personal injury claims, and Kentucky is no different. The time limit on personal injury claims is known as the statute of limitations and if you do not file your claim within this time, you will lose your right to claim any compensation at all. In most personal injury cases in Kentucky, the statute of limitations is just one year from the date of the accident, making it one of the shortest time limits on claims in the nation.
However, car accident claims have a statute of limitations, you have a minimum of two years from the date of the car accident that caused your injuries to file a lawsuit. Due to the fact that Kentucky is a no-fault auto insurance state, though, the time limit on these claims becomes even more complicated. The statute of limitations may start on the date of the last no-fault medical payment or no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) paid by the insurance company. Out of caution, it is recommended that every car accident injury case be filed within two years from the date of the collision to receive maximum compensation.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer In Radcliff Can Help
You Claim Full Damages
If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence, our Radcliff personal injury attorneys at Meagher Injury Lawyers are here to help. We will work closely with you to fully understand the circumstances surrounding your accident and make sure that any settlement offer made by the insurance company is fair. Call us now at (502) 309-9213 or reach out to us online to schedule a free consultation.
MEAGHER INJURY LAWYERS
WHAT OURCLIENTS SAID
Mr. Tate Meagher represented me and I could not have asked for a better lawyer. Tate was responsive, kept me updated and in a timely manner, showed empathy and compassion, and worked extremely hard on my case. He not only worked with me, he worked for me, and fought hard on my behalf. Tate always had my best interest at heart. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my case and I had a wonderful experience under his representation. I would recommend Meagher Injury Lawyers (Tate Meagher) to anyone seeking a lawyer.
Attorney Tate Meagher did an outstanding job representing me following a car accident o could not be happier with his services. He is very responsive and he fought very hard for my case. He did not ever give up. So if you are looking for an attorney who will fight hard for you and win, you need Attorney Tate Meagher.