La Grange Slip/Trip and Fall Lawyers
Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident? Contact Our La Grange Premises Liability Attorneys for Help
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange slip and fall accident lawyer provides personalized and results-driven legal representation to injured victims and their family members. We are on the side of people who need help—not big businesses or insurance companies. If you or someone close to you was seriously injured in a slip and fall or a trip and fall, we are ready to help. For a free, no-obligation consultation with a top Kentucky slip and fall accident attorney, please contact us today.
A Slip and Fall/Trip and Claim Falls Under Premises Liability Law
Slip and fall accident cases fall under an area of law called premises liability. In effect, Kentucky’s premises liability laws hold that a property owner or business may be legally liable for an accident that happened on their premises. However, liability is not imposed automatically. The injured victim must prove that the property owner or business was at fault. Slip and fall claims are among the most common premises liability cases.
What You Need to Know About Slip and Fall Accident Laws in Kentucky
Injured in a slip and fall accident or a trip and fall accident in La Grange? It is crucial that you know your rights under Commonwealth law. Important facts about slip and fall accident liability in Kentucky include:
- Strict Statute of Limitations to File a Lawsuit: There is a very strict statute of limitations in premises liability cases. Under Kentucky Revised Statute § 413.140(1)(a), you must initiate a claim within one (1) year of the slip/trip and fall. There are very limited exceptions. Consult with a La Grange, KY slip and fall accident lawyer right away after suffering an injury. Your case needs to be thoroughly investigated.
- Slip and Fall Liability is Imposed Due to Negligence: Slip and fall accident claims are based on fault. To hold a property owner or business in La Grange legally liable for an accident, you must establish that your fall happened because of an unreasonable and dangerous hazard.
- Pure Comparative Fault for Slip and Fall Claims: Under commonwealth law (Kentucky Revised Statute § 411.182), slip and fall accident injury claims are governed by a system of comparative fault. This means that each party to a slip and fall accident—including the victim—will be legally liable for their proportionate share of the fault.
We Help Slip and Fall Accident Victims Maximize their Financial Compensation
Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident in La Grange? It is imperative that you are able to access the full and proper compensation that you need to pay your medical bills. Sadly, you cannot rely on insurers to offer a fair settlement. Our La Grange, KY slip and fall accident attorneys are committed to helping our clients secure every penny that they deserve. Through a slip and fall accident claim, financial compensation may be recovered for:
- Emergency room treatment.
- Hospital bills/medical expenses.
- Ongoing or long-term medical costs.
- Lost wages and Diminished power to earn income.
- Past and future pain and suffering & mental anguish.
Injured Victims Can Rely On a La Grange Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
The slip and fall claims process is complicated. It is normal to have a lot of questions about your rights and your options. Our founding attorney, Tate Meagher, helps injured victims navigate all aspects of the claims process. Among other things, our La Grange slip and fall accident attorneys are ready to:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive overview of your premises liability claim.
- Investigate the slip and fall, gathering crucial documents, records, and evidence.
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with defendants/insurers.
- Develop a comprehensive legal strategy to help you get the best results.
We handle slip and fall accident injury claims on a contingency basis. No matter your financial situation, you can always afford to retain our top-rated La Grange slip and fall accident lawyers. No costs are due upfront or out of your own pocket. Our law firm only gets paid when you get paid.
Call Our La Grange, KY Slip/Trip and Fall Accident Attorney Today
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange premises liability lawyer has extensive experience handling slip and fall accident claims. If you or someone you care about suffered harm in a slip and fall, we are ready to take action. Call us now at (502) 309-9213 or send us a message for a free consultation. We represent slip and fall accident victims throughout Oldham County, including in La Grange, Buckner, and Crestwood.
MEAGHER INJURY LAWYERS
WHAT OURCLIENTS SAID
Mr. Tate Meagher represented me and I could not have asked for a better lawyer. Tate was responsive, kept me updated and in a timely manner, showed empathy and compassion, and worked extremely hard on my case. He not only worked with me, he worked for me, and fought hard on my behalf. Tate always had my best interest at heart. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my case and I had a wonderful experience under his representation. I would recommend Meagher Injury Lawyers (Tate Meagher) to anyone seeking a lawyer.
Attorney Tate Meagher did an outstanding job representing me following a car accident o could not be happier with his services. He is very responsive and he fought very hard for my case. He did not ever give up. So if you are looking for an attorney who will fight hard for you and win, you need Attorney Tate Meagher.