La Grange Truck Accident Lawyers
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Top-Rated La Grange Truck Accident Attorney
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange truck accident lawyers have the skills, experience, and knowledge that victims and families can count on. Trucking companies and their insurers must be held accountable.. If you or someone close to you was hurt in a tractor-trailer collision, we are more than ready to help. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced Kentucky commercial truck accident lawyer.
What are the Steps to Take After a Truck Accident in La Grange
The scene of a large truck accident in La Grange can be chaotic. You need to know what to do to protect yourself and your rights. Here are three key steps to take after a commercial truck accident:
- Stop Your Vehicle, Report the Accident, and Exchange Information: Kentucky requires all parties involved in an accident to stop their vehicle, exchange information with other motorists, and report the accident. Make sure a truck crash is reported to the police.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care for Any Injuries: Your injuries should be evaluated by a licensed doctor. Make sure you get the immediate care that you need. You cannot recover personal injury compensation in a truck accident case in Kentucky without seeing a medical provider.
- Consult with a La Grange Truck Accident Lawyer: Neither the truck company nor any insurance company is on your side. Make sure you speak to a La Grange truck accident attorney before you give any recorded statement to an insurance adjuster.
What to Know About the Truck Accident Laws in Kentucky
Truck accident injury claims are complicated. It is crucial that you understand the law. Here are some critically important things to know about truck accident laws in Kentucky:
- Two Year Statute of Limitations for Most Truck Accidents: Kentucky Revised Statute § 304.39-230 sets the statute of limitations for most commercial truck accident injury cases. A truck accident injury victim in Kentucky has at least two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- Choice No Fault State (But Fault-Based Claims Against At-Fault Truck Driver’s Insurer): Kentucky is a choice no-fault state. If you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage, then your own insurer may be responsible for your initial damages—regardless of who caused the accident. However, you always have the right to file a fault-based truck accident lawsuit if you suffered an injury in a truck collision due to the careless or reckless behavior of the truck driver.
- Comparative Negligence: More than one party may be responsible for the same trucking accident. Each party to a truck accident will be liable for their proportionate share of the collision. You do not want to be held unfairly liable for your own accident. It could take thousands of dollars out of your settlement. Our La Grange truck accident attorney will protect injured victims from being unfairly held partially at fault for the collision.
Recovering Compensation After a Truck Accident in La Grange, KY
Hurt in a truck accident in La Grange? You need financial relief to pay bills and support your family. Unfortunately, you cannot rely on trucking companies or insurance providers to look out for your best interests. They fight to resolve their liability for less. Our La Grange truck accident lawyers fight tirelessly to help injured victims maximize their compensation. Damages may be recovered for:
- Vehicle repairs;
- Emergency room care;
- Hospital bills;
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished earning power;
- Past and future pain and suffering;
- Mental distress; and
- Wrongful death.
You Can Trust Our Kentucky Truck Accident Attorney
Following a truck accident, it is normal to have a lot of questions. You do not have to go through the claim process alone. Our founder and managing attorney, Tate Meagher, knows how to help victims get justice. We are proactive. Among other things, our La Grange truck accident lawyers will:
- Answer questions and explain your legal options.
- Investigate your truck accident, gathering evidence.
- Handle paperwork and represent you in settlement.
- Take whatever action is necessary to maximize your financial recovery.
You can always afford to hire a top La Grange, KY commercial truck accident lawyer. At Meagher Injury Lawyers, we represent injured victims on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront costs or out-of-pocket expenses. Our law firm only gets paid when you get paid.
Set Up a Free Consultation With a La Grange Truck Accident Attorney Today
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange truck accident lawyers fight tirelessly to help injured victims get justice. We are on the side of people—not large trucking companies or big insurance companies. Contact us now to set up your free, fully private consultation. We handle truck accident claims in La Grange, Oldham County, and throughout all of Kentucky.
MEAGHER INJURY LAWYERS
WHAT OURCLIENTS SAID
Mr. Tate Meagher represented me and I could not have asked for a better lawyer. Tate was responsive, kept me updated and in a timely manner, showed empathy and compassion, and worked extremely hard on my case. He not only worked with me, he worked for me, and fought hard on my behalf. Tate always had my best interest at heart. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my case and I had a wonderful experience under his representation. I would recommend Meagher Injury Lawyers (Tate Meagher) to anyone seeking a lawyer.
Attorney Tate Meagher did an outstanding job representing me following a car accident o could not be happier with his services. He is very responsive and he fought very hard for my case. He did not ever give up. So if you are looking for an attorney who will fight hard for you and win, you need Attorney Tate Meagher.