La Grange Dog Bite Lawyers
Injured By a Dangerous Dog in Oldham County? Contact Our La Grange Dog Bite Attorneys Today
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange dog bite lawyers have the legal knowledge and tenacity that you can trust. Our law firm is on the side of victims and families—not large insurance companies. If you, your child, or your vulnerable family member were attacked by a dangerous dog, we are more than ready to help. To set up your free, no-commitment consultation with a top Kentucky dog bite attorney, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
Dangerous Dogs Can Cause Very Serious Injuries
Dogs can be extremely dangerous if the proper safety precautions are not taken. Data sourced from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that more than four million people nationwide are seriously injured by dogs each year. Dog bite victims should always seek professional medical attention. Common injuries include:
- Deep lacerations.
- Disfiguring skin injuries.
- Muscle strains.
- Ligament damage.
- Facial injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Brain injuries.
Contrary to some common myths, a dog’s mouth is not “clean.” There is a serious risk of infection. Further, it is wise to see a doctor in order for your injuries to be documented before you file a dog bite injury claim. Without official medical documentation, a dog bite victim may not be in a position to secure financial compensation.
Your Guide to Dog Bite Liability in Kentucky
Were you or your child attacked by a dog in La Grange? Your claim is governed by Kentucky law.
Here are three important things to know about the dog bite laws in Kentucky:
- Strict Liability for Dog Bites: Kentucky imposes strict liability on dog owners. Simply explained, this system means that a dog owner can be held liable if their animal hurts someone regardless of whether or not they were “negligent.”
- Defenses are Available: Dog owners—and their insurers—may raise certain defenses in a dog bite injury claim. For example, a dog bite claim may be defended on the grounds of alleged trespassing at the time of the attack. Alternatively, a dog owner may defend the claim on the grounds that the victim “provoked” the attack.
- One Year Statute of Limitations for Dog Bites: You should not wait to take action after a dog bite. The statute of limitations is relatively short in these cases. With limited exceptions, dog bite lawsuits must be filed within one year from the date of the dog bite (Kentucky Revised Statute § 413.140(1)(a)).
We Help Dog Bite Victims Maximize their Financial Compensation
Proving liability is just one aspect of a dog bite injury claim. You also need to establish the extent of your damages. With limited exceptions, your compensation will be related to the actual economic or intangible damages sustained by you or your family member. You cannot rely on an insurance company to have your best interests in mind. Our La Grange, KY dog bite attorneys fight tirelessly to help injured victims maximize their financial compensation, including for:
- Emergency medical treatment.
- Hospital bills and other medical bills.
- Ongoing or long-term rehabilitative care.
- Lost wages and loss of long-term earning power.
- Pain and suffering & mental anguish.
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Why Hire La Grange Dog Bite Attorney Tate Meagher
Kentucky’s dog bite laws are complicated. You do not have to navigate them on your own. Our founding attorney, Tate Meagher, has the professional skills and legal experience that you can trust. Among other things, our La Grange dog bite lawyer is prepared to:
- Hear your story, explain your rights, and answer your legal questions.
- Investigate the dog bite case, gathering documents, records, and other evidence.
- Take care of legal paperwork and any negotiations with insurance companies.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to ensure that you and your family get the best results.
You do not have to worry about the cost of hiring a La Grange dog bite lawyer. Our law firm handles dog bite injury claims on a contingency fee basis. There are no out-of-pocket costs for you or your family. We only get paid when you get paid.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our La Grange Dog Bite Attorney
At Meagher Injury Lawyers, our La Grange dog bite lawyers fight aggressively to protect the rights and interests of injured victims. If you or your loved one was hurt by a dangerous dog, we are ready to help. Contact us today at (502) 309-9213 to set up your free, no-commitment case review. We handle dog bite injury claims in La Grange, Oldham County, and throughout Kentucky.
MEAGHER INJURY LAWYERS
WHAT OURCLIENTS SAID
Mr. Tate Meagher represented me and I could not have asked for a better lawyer. Tate was responsive, kept me updated and in a timely manner, showed empathy and compassion, and worked extremely hard on my case. He not only worked with me, he worked for me, and fought hard on my behalf. Tate always had my best interest at heart. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my case and I had a wonderful experience under his representation. I would recommend Meagher Injury Lawyers (Tate Meagher) to anyone seeking a lawyer.
Attorney Tate Meagher did an outstanding job representing me following a car accident o could not be happier with his services. He is very responsive and he fought very hard for my case. He did not ever give up. So if you are looking for an attorney who will fight hard for you and win, you need Attorney Tate Meagher.