Shepherdsville Truck Accident Lawyer
The devastating effects of an accident can be life-altering when a large commercial truck is involved due to the massive size and weight of these vehicles. Accidents with trucks are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries and even wrongful death than collisions with other types of vehicles. An experienced personal injury attorney can assist in compiling evidence and communicate with the insurance company on your behalf while you focus on recovery. If you or a loved one have been injured in a wreck, contact a Shepherdsville truck accident lawyer at Meagher Law Office today for a free legal consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Shepherdsville
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Drivers fatigue and drowsy driving
- Poorly trained drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Mechanical failure (e.g., faulty brakes or tires)
- Substance abuse
- Driver delivery pressures
- Drivers exceeding maximum consecutive hours on the road
- Improperly loaded cargo
A skilled attorney could help you determine the potential causes of your semi-truck collision.
Types of Tractor-Trailer Wrecks
Collisions involving commercial trucks can occur in a variety of ways. Types of truck crashes include:
- Jackknife accidents: This type of accident occurs when a tractor-trailer folds in on itself, forming a 90-degree angle between the cab and the trailer. Jackknifing can occur due to sudden stopping, improper lane changes, improper load securement, and various other factors. These types of accidents commonly lead to multiple vehicle collisions because vehicles behind the truck may not be able to stop and quickly get blocked by the large tractor-trailer.
- Rear-end collisions: Because of the large size and weight of tractor-trailers they need more time and distance to stop than smaller automobiles. When truck brakes fail, or when drivers are distracted, following too closely, or traveling too fast for the conditions, catastrophic rear-end collisions can occur.
- Truck underride accidents: The raised design of the truck’s trailer can allow just enough room for a car to slide underneath, possibly shearing off the roof of the vehicle. In this type of accident, an automobile and its occupants get can get crushed under the rear or side of the trailer. Underride accidents are almost always catastrophic.
- Lane changing accidents: Commercial trucks have considerable blind spots. Truck drivers who attempt to change lanes when smaller automobiles are in their blind spots can squash other motorists or force them off the highway.
- Load spilling accidents: Federal law requires that tractor-trailers be appropriately loaded without exceeding certain weight limits and their cargo must be properly secured. Failure to comply with federal law requirements can result in cargo spilling on the highway and accidents for drivers of automobiles.
- Rollovers: When a truck driver loses control of a commercial truck, it can roll over on its side, taking other smaller automobiles with it. A rollover occurs when the wheels of the truck lose traction with the road. When a truck travels along a curved path, centrifugal force can cause a rollover due to the truck leaning away from the direction of the curve. Trucks are prone to rollover accidents because of their high centers of gravity and frequently unstable loads.
No matter the type of truck crash you were involved in, it is generally best to seek help from a seasoned lawyer.
Common Injuries Sustained in 18-Wheeler Wrecks
Truck accident victims can sustain injuries ranging from soft tissue neck and back injuries to traumatic brain injury, fractured or broken bones, burn injuries, and even death.
tractor-trailer crashes can cause significant pain and suffering for victims, but a Shepherdsville lawyer may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve. We here at the Meagher Law Office are open to representing truck accident victims with any of the following injuries:
- Soft tissue neck and back injuries
- Bulging or herniated neck and back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Fractured or broken bones
- Head injuries
- Internal injuries such as internal bleeding to organs like the bladder, liver, kidney, pancreas, or spleen
- Rib or torso injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Seat belt injuries
- Wrongful death
Call a Shepherdsville Truck Accident Attorney Today
Victims of a truck accident can potentially face a lifetime of medical bills, rehabilitation, and missed work. We, unfortunately, can never make the injuries disappear, but a Shepherdsville truck accident lawyer can potentially help you recover significant compensation to facilitate your recovery. Don’t hesitate to call Attorney Tate Meagher for your free legal consultation. Remember, there is never a fee unless Tate wins your case.