Shepherdsville Car Accident Lawyer

Car accidents happen when drivers are careless or reckless. Being involved in an automobile accident can be a frightening experience. On top of extensive property damage, an unsuspecting driver may also suffer injuries that may impact them for the rest of their life.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Shepherdsville that was not your fault, it is highly recommended that you consult with a Shepherdsville car accident lawyer about your case. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the insurance claim handling process, gather the necessary evidence to prove liability against the other driver, gather the necessary evidence to prove your damages, and file a lawsuit if necessary, among other things.

Common Auto Wreck Injuries in Shepherdsville

Car accident injury victims may suffer a variety of injuries due to the abrupt impact drivers receive in collisions. Some common injuries include:

  • Neck injuries
  • Back injuries
  • Brain injuries and concussions
  • Scars, bruises, and lacerations;
  • Broken dones;
  • Shoulder injuries, including ligament tears; and
  • Knee injuries, including ligament tears.

In addition to the aforementioned injuries, in the worst situations, a victim may even pass away due to injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident. Anyone who has suffered injuries in a car wreck should talk to a lawyer about their legal options.

What Types of Damages Can One Recover for Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident?

The value of your injury case is dependent upon the amount of damages sustained due to the car wreck. When injured to another’s carelessness, you are entitled to recover not only past damages, but also future damages that are reasonably likely to occur in the weeks, months or years ahead. The most common types of damages recoverable include the following:

  • Past and future medical expenses;
  • Past and future pain and suffering;
  • Past and future lost wages; and
  • Property damage.

A skilled attorney could help you calculate the damages you may be able to recover after your auto accident.

Comparative Negligence in an Automobile Accident Case

What if you are partially to blame for the car accident? Pursuant to KRS 411.182 Kentucky is what is known as a pure comparative negligence state. This means that you are still entitled to get paid for your damages even if you are partially at fault for the accident, provided it can be proven another driver has at least some fault for the accident.

Under pure comparative negligence laws, your award is simply reduced based upon your percentage of fault. For instance, if a jury or judge determined you were 99% at fault for the accident and the other driver was 1% at fault for the accident, you are entitled to recover 1% of your damages against the other driver (or their insurance company). A determined lawyer could build an argument against partial fault in a vehicle collision case.

 A Shepherdsville Car Accident Attorney Could Help You

Even minor car accidents can have a last impact that changes your life forever. Sometimes injuries do not even become apparent until many days following the collision. To prove your case, it is necessary to gather evidence that is admissible in court that shows the other driver was at fault and that you suffered damages as a result of their carelessness.

To prove another driver was negligent or reckless, it is highly recommended you reach out to a personal injury attorney for professional guidance. A dedicated Shepherdsville car accident lawyer could work to protect your rights and fight to help you obtain maximum compensation of the losses you have suffered. Call attorney Tate Meagher today for a free consultation to learn more about what benefits a legal counselor could provide in your situation.

Call phone (502) 309-9213
to speak to a member of our team today.