Elizabethtown Car Accident Lawyer
The words; “Car Accident” mean much more than just the fender benders you see at intersections and streets around town. That simple fender bender can turn into a complex legal case that involves assignment of fault, insurance issues, documentation and filings, witness statements, depositions, negotiations, and possibly taking your case to court. Protecting your rights is what is important, and it is highly recommend you retain a skilled legal professional that has the experience and character to fight for those rights.
Should you suffer an injury, you will also have to consider all the legal details associated with reckless driving, distracted driving, or someone that was operating under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You have to know how to collect evidence and present the facts that proves you were injured, and that you are suffering. These types of issues are significant negotiating points during the settlement negotiations, which makes the process of documenting and presenting the facts all the more important. Mistakes in the process can cost you money. An Elizabethtown car accident lawyer can help you avoid those mistakes and secure a fair settlement for the damages and suffering you have experienced.
Types of Injuries Sustained in Car Crashes
A car accident can cause injuries to your entire body, and the severity of some of the injuries may not become apparent for weeks. Common injuries include:
- Joint pain (neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees)—Car accidents are tough on joints. Sudden stops increase pressure on joints and result in soft tissue damage that can cause limited mobility and long-term pain.
- Shoulder and knee injuries—Shoulder and knee tears often require surgery following a car accident.
- Bone breaks and fractures—Arms, legs and ribs commonly suffer breaks or fractures. Some require surgery to repair, but all may cost you time, lost wages, and pain.
- Brain—The brain is the most complex organ in body and can be damaged in so many different ways. Brain damage can affect memory, muscle movement, internal organ function, emotions, relationships, etc… The list of injuries is almost endless.
- Internal organs (lung, liver, spleen, digestive system)—Having to live life with injured internal organs can be challenging.
- Cosmetic (scars, burns, disfigurement, deformities)—Psychological health can degrade when the injured has to deal with scarring, burns, and disfigurement related to an accident. Oftentimes, cosmetic surgery is not covered by your health insurance; making it important to seek relief for the damage you suffered.
- Psychological (stress, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)—Traumatic events can leave its mark on the injured. It is the unseen damage that lingers for years, and sometimes a lifetime. You can’t rely on your health insurance to pay the full amount. Again, you need to secure monetary damages to help you solve these problems.
No matter what type of car accident injuries you are dealing with, it would be beneficial to reach out to an experienced Elizabethtown lawyer.
Types of Damages Available in an Accident Claim
There are many types of damages you may be entitled to recover after a car accident. The most common include:
- Pain and suffering—People suffer in silence and the suffering can be intense. Oftentimes an injury victim’s pain and suffering is the largest portion of the financial recovery made on an injury claim.
- Past medical expenses—You should not have to pay for your medical bills if you are not at fault for a car accident.
- Future medical expenses—Make sure you can get the long-term treatment you need to alleviate the symptoms and side effects of pain.
- Lost wages—If you are unable to work due to a car accident that was not your fault, the at-fault driver’s insurance company is responsible for compensating your for the time you missed from work.
- Future lost wages—Make sure you are compensated for the money you would have earned had you not been injured in the car accident.
A determined lawyer could work with an injured party to assess their losses and calculate potential compensation.
Contact an Elizabethtown Car Accident Attorney
If involved in an accident, contact an Elizabethtown car accident lawyer. At Meagher Law Office we devote 100% of our practice to personal injury claims, with the majority of our cases involving car accidents. If you hire our office, you get to deal directly with attorney Tate Meagher.
Tate will provide expert legal advice, help determine at fault issues, and estimate monetary damages once you are done treating or reached maximum medical improvement. Consultations are always free. Don’t wait, call Tate!