According to WHAS11, the driver of a car is dead after flipping his car several times around 3:45 a.m. on Sunday, October 2, 2022. The incident happened on I-265 Northbound, according to Louisville Metro Police. Per investigators, the incident occurred when “for some unknown reason,” the driver of an Audi steered completely off I265 just past the Smyrna exit and drove up the embankment. The Audi then flipped several times down the interstate. No other vehicles were involved. The driver was apparently not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. The driver was found dead at the scene.
Rollover crashes claim individuals’ lives at an alarming rate. There are several factors that can cause a car to flip or rollover. Some of the common causes include:
- Driver error: This includes the driver taking sharp turns, speeding, distracted driving, and overcorrecting a turn. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, inexperience with driving, taking aggressive maneuvers, and fatigue can lead to driver errors.
- Tripping: When a vehicle comes into contact with an object, debris, guardrail, curb, or uneven pavement, it can trip the vehicle.
- Side Impact: If a vehicle is struck on the side, it can cause the vehicle to flip.
- Design flaws and faulty tires: Incorrectly installed or weak tires can make a tire blowout (and rollover) inevitable. Also, the flawed design of a vehicle can make it more prone to a rollover incident.
- Hazardous Conditions: High winds, bad weather, icy roads, heavy snow or rain, and poorly maintained roads are all conditions that can make it more likely that a vehicle may flip or rollover.
A Louisville car accident lawyer can help you determine the cause of you or your loved one’s crash and help you seek maximum compensation. Meagher Injury Lawyer can help you through every step of your case, from determining and proving liability against an at-fault driver to gathering and preserving the crucial evidence needed in your case and, if necessary, arguing on your behalf in court. We will not back down to the large insurance companies. We are here to help fellow Kentuckians get the justice and compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one have been injured in a rollover accident, Don’t Wait, Call Tate!